Sunday, February 4, 2018

Apopthelema Entry 9 Part 8 by Kyle Nonneman



Apopthelema Entry 9 Part 8 
by Kyle Nonneman





(everything i reviewed iv purchased with money,no free mp3s or free promos are ever reviewed!)

ROTTEN SOUND-MURDERWORKS
The perfect blend of early Earache Grind filtered through Old school Stockholm Death. This fucking slays....This has some of the thick low end detonation deathgrind sound of Embalmer combined with some of the unrelentingly harsh grindcore of Yacopsae and alot of the raw bass heavy brutality of Dismember's Ever Flowing Stream. They dont pull punches but they also dont just bash out endless blastbeats. This is the best grind record iv heard since Nausea's Condemned to the System. Just listen to the song Agony.... I get bored with a lot of modern grind after listening to so much of it and collecting it. I was listening to a lot of Cannibal Corpse & Minor Threat in 7th grade and then i found a copy of the almighty! Suppression/Cripple Bastards split 12" lp Bovine put out in a record shop. I went back and bought all the vinyl with black & white covers and the first Black Metal album i bought, (Hecate Enthroned's Slaughter of Innocence).I used to steal kids bikes and sell the parts to buy records. So grind is special to me. That Suppression lp gave me the same rush and thrill i got when i first heard Countdown To Extinction and Ride The Lightning. Rotten Sound kills it. Get yourself a copy of Murderworks. If you dont already own the Suppression/C.B. split or the Suppression discography cd your fucking up. Bovine also put out a lot of other good records worth seeking out.
*
GHOULGOTHA -TO STARVE THE CROSS
I heard about this band's demo in By The Ax I Rule,great fucking zine. The great guys who run Codex Obscurum sent me that zine. Codex is a great zine also. Id love to hear their demo...This has a lot of very distinctive riffs&hooks and grooves to it. Semi glossy pro production that showcases the powerful song writing and range of this band. This is powerful thrashing death doom. Well written and executed Thrash inspired riffs bleeding into death doom grooves.To put it pragmatically this sounds like Cianide & Incantation getting stoned and jamming on early Slayer or a short attention span Necros Christos.. Abyssic Eyes intro sounds like a Hell Awaits outtake.....Its not overly technical but it still has distinctive epic riffs that stand out like Switch 625 . Impressive guitar work . Impressive in the old school fashion. Not in the fucking jockish "look bro i can play more notes per second then anything on Effigy Of The Forgotten" sense. Good riffs, Headbanging evilness, and brutal doom grooves. Beautifully executed time changes. This rules.
*
SWORDWIELDER - GRIM VISIONS OF BATTLE
This is some fist-fucked brutal death obsessed crusty stenchcore. Amebix&Doom influences being shredded apart by a stripped down Axegrinder take on HammerHeart/Twilight of The Gods. The song Out of Hades has an obvious Fade to Black homage intro&buildup... All the lyrics are centered around war, battle and the destruction of humanity, instead of the angry dirty hippy lyrics that seem to dominate most of this genre... I hardly ever listen to crust. I never got into that scene. Im not very knowledgeable of it and dont feel like digging through 'im mad at the world because i dont eat meat/if you're not dirty&homeless&poor you're a poser'got any spare change? ... shit...... I lived in downtown Portland and half the homeless junkies were rocking dreadlocks and Profane Existence related patches and smelled like death. It never interested me to be a part of that scene. I marched at the front lines of all the Occupy protests, when i was already on probation for assaulting a police officer. Iv got an extensive record for fighting cops. I hate the police and promoting chaos rules. I was hoping a riot would jump off. I was in a riot in 2006 when i was in federal prison and that was pretty cool but i've always wanted to be in a street riot. But the dirty hippy punks were chanting "this is a peacful protests" instead of smashing it up..The Occupy was a couple blocks from my apartment. You could smell it two blocks away.No bullshit. I used to go there to score weed&obscure hallucinogens. Once me and my friend Emma couldnt find the Zombie walk so we went to the occupy and threated to eat the dirty hippies brains until they gave us weed to go away. I left that corpse paint on for about a week... So i dont know that much about Crust music...

--more soon

 You can contact Kyle at:
 Kyle Nonneman
#16534211
SRCI
777 Stanton Blvd
Ontario OR 97914-8335

You can also see a profile and have e-contact at:

I'm Mykel Board, and I post for Kyle because no one else will. If you're interested in my own ideas, you can read me at: mykelsblog.blogspot.com

--end part 7-

No comments:

Post a Comment